- quotidian* Everyday; commonplace> train conductor to add color to quotidian commute
- `time` -- time command execution```▶ time node index.jsnode index.js 0.07s user 0.02s system 95% cpu 0.092 total```
- unzip *.tar.gz tar -xvzf foo.tar.gz* `f`: specify file name* `z`: use gzip* `x`: extract* `v`: verboseto specify output directory (unless it uses current dir): tar -xvzf foo.tar.gz -C output_dir
- if you don't respect your own time, other people won't.
- perspicacious* having a ready insight into understanding of things> He rejects, with exceptional perspicacity for his times, the presumptuous alliance of freedom with virtue.
- `await` suspends the current *function* evaluations, including all control structures. therefore in `.forEach` it does not wait for callback to finish before iterating to next.https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37576685/using-async-await-with-a-foreach-loop
- "A nihilist is not one who believes in nothing, but one who does not believe in what exists." - The Rebel, Camus
- * **throttle**: delay executing a function and ensure that the function gets called at most once per specified period.* **debounce**: the function is called after the caller stops calling the function after a specified period. (combines multiple calls so that exactly one signal is sent for an event that may be happening several times.
- surrealism* a 20th-century avant-garde movement in art and literature that sought to release the creative potential of the unconscious mind, for example by irrational juxtaposition of images.> On the contrary, surrealism, after Rimbaud, wanted to find constructive rules in insanity and destruction.